Do you watch movie? How do you spend your three hours? If there is intermission what do you do in between? Obviously you may take popcorn. But do you know how it is prepared or if it carries positive effect and vice versa. Popcorn has, broadly, gained its status to a potentially perfect snack food. To be compared, fruits and vegetables carry high water content; popcorn holds a far more concentrated amount of phytonutrients that does not let cellular oxidation increase in the body. Popcorn is considered as the whole grain.
It is also said that its neutrinos advantages are similar to the brown rice or wheat. It boosts up energy through the B-complex vitamins found in it. Popcorn in other sense keeps our cholesterol level low. The popcorn is benefits because it is rich in antioxidant, high in fiber, low calorie snack food etc. the main many benefits of the eating popcorn-
• The daily recommended consumption of popcorn 21 to 25 grams for women and 30 to 38 for the men helps to regulate the digestive system and keeps cholesterol level down.
• If you are worried of your weight take popcorn as it contains fewer calories than any other snack food.
To be mentioned each cup of popped popcorn has only 30 calories. But the popcorn should be popped not in oil and butter as it seriously increases the calories.
• We should interestingly know that popcorn is useful for the cancer, diabetes, cardiovascular and neurodegenerative disease (Alzheimer’s).
• Popcorn also helps fighting with bacteria, fungal infections and boosts the immune system.
• It nourishes your skin and hair.
• It can absorb calcium and magnesium.
• Remember when popcorn is not coated in butter or fattening oils, can be a very healthy replacement of potatoes’ chips and other high calories snacks that are often full of saturated fat.
• Since our body does not produce vitamins on their own popcorn is high in vitamins: thiamine, riboflavin, niacin and all of the B complex vitamins.
• If you can’t survive eggs, roast beef, codfish or milk a handful of popcorn will serve your purpose as it is as good as all of them.
• The hull and outer layer of popcorn is rich in iron, phosphorous and protein.
• The facts about the benefits the person gats from the foods he eats are half of the serving whole grains a day. and popcorn bridges this gap.
• All the grains dueled with other ingredients and although cereals are called whole grain and this means 51% of the weight of the product is whole grain.
This article has been written and posted by a health advisor working at bookmydoctor.com, who also provides free of cost consultancy to patients and advise on various topics like Is Popcorn a Healthy Snack
By visiting the site, you can read articles on Benefits of Eating Popcorn
and Health Benefits of Eating Popcorn
and For more information click the Hyperlink.