The internet browser market has long been dominated by Internet Explorer, but a new kid on the block -- Firefox -- is making strong inroads against the Microsoft product's dominance. To date, over 75 million copies of Firefox have been downloaded by users around the world. Here are some reasons why you should replace Explorer with Firefox.
1. No Pop Ups. Unlike Explorer, Firefox has a nifty pop up blocker in place. No more garbage to fill your screen as you search the internet with Firefox. Can't say the same for Explorer, however.
2. Your Security. Spyware, trojan horses, and ActiveX controls are stopped in their tracks. Explorer limits through unreliable third party downloads.
3. Quick Downloading. Downloading files is a snap as they are done quickly and painlessly. Once Firefox completes the download you will be prompted to clean up [remove] unneeded files.
4. Tabbed Browsing. Surfing the internet is easier as users can open up one window and set tabs for quick access to multiple web pages. Specifically, all your browser windows actually work within one window, each marked by tabs that you can click in and out of with ease.
5. Tons of extensions, themes, and plug-ins. You can customize Firefox to work the way you want it to work. Download an ad blocker, a new toolbar, a special theme, or include plug-ins such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Shockwave, Flash Player, and more.
Firefox is not perfect, but it goes a long way further than Explorer in giving users an enjoyable internet experience. For this reason alone, it is worth being downloaded by you.
Matt Keegan is The Article Writer who covers topics from Aviaition to Zoos. Please visit his site for additional samples of his work: http://www.thearticlewriter.com
Article By: Matthew Keegan