Weight Loss - 21 Sure Fire Ways to Lose Weight
As long as you keep thinking about losing weight without doing much about it, you may reach a stage when you remain reconciled to the idea that you and your fat are inseparable. That will leave you with a negative attitude.You have here 21 sure fire ways to turn your attitude around and lose weight.
1. Start somewhere; what is important is start doing something about losing weight, here and now.
2. Treat your approach to weight loss, not as something temporary, not which lasts for a month or two, but as a way of life.
3. Set an achievable initial goal. Remember, to move a mountain, you have to move a small boulder first. Little by little, you can shed considerable weight.4. Eat when you have to, but for health, not for passing time. Remember idle time is not eating time. Get rid of your unhealthy habit of munching something or the other all the time. Keep snacks out of reach when watching TV.
5. Challenge yourself that you can lose weight. Keep reminding yourself that you have to lose weight and entertain a positive feeling about it.
6. Do not be disheartened if you do not lose as much weight as some others following the same plan. Unfavorable comparisons might ultimately make you stop the whole program altogether. Be happy about whatever little weight you have lost so far.
7. Remember you have an urge for food in times of emotional disturbance, frustration, boredom and so on. Food at such times is not a physical need. Avoid it then.8. Exercise when under stress or tension, rather than eat. A brief spell of vigorous physical work out is a healthier route to releasing stress or tension.
9. Enjoy eating. Eat slowly, relishing every morsel. As long as you eat healthy food, and enjoy it, you will feel good about your weight loss program.
10. Have a good breakfast. Never skip it. Have another four or five small meals during the day, in place of only lunch and dinner as big events.
11. Avoid buying fat-rich foods. Go in for low fat and fat-free items. But make sure they’re not laden with sugar.
12. Fill your plate with only as much as you should eat.
13. Avoid nibbling small amounts of food while cooking or setting table. These little excesses add up, upsetting your weight goal.
14. Leftovers and scraps from the dining table are better thrown away or given to your pet dog than eating them. You could also set them aside in pre-portioned containers for lunch or dinner the following day. But try not to cook more than you need in the first place.
15. Even when you have to eat out, stay within your set limits regarding food. As a guest, never succumb to your host’s pressure to eat more than you should.
16. Reduce your salt intake to the recommended minimum. Salt retains water in the body and increases body weight.
17. Avoid alcohol, as it contributes to fat accumulation.
18. Reduce your meat intake. Include fresh vegetables and fiber-rich items in your food.
19. Drink at least eight to ten glasses of water each day.
20. Follow a regimen of regular daily physical exercise. The minimum is a thirty-minute work out, five times a week.
21. Be physically active throughout the day. Nothing burns your fat better on a long-term basis.
Lose weight with negative calorie foods. Some foods take more calories to eat than you get from eating them. Including these in your diet could easily help with your weight loss. Find out more about the negative calorie diet here.
Alien writes for Weight loss diet . He also writes for bodybuilding supplements