Yoga is meant to unite mind, body and soul. The benefits of yoga are extensive. Not only does yoga affect the physical aspect of the body, it addresses the mind and spirit as well. Daily exercises are a great way to help relieve the stress of your day and can bring a sense of well-being to your life. There are many types or asanas or mudras of yoga. Surya namaskar is one of them, and benefits of surya namaskar are many. There are various mudras in surya namaskar one of them is shashtanga mudra which increases flexibility in body.
Here are some of the benefits of yoga:
• By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.
• We live in a world which is full of stress. This stress not only affects our body but mind too. Yoga can help reduce the effects of stress on body. One of the benefits of yoga is that it encourages relaxation and can lower the amount of cortisol in your body. Yoga rejuvenates your body and mind making you feel refreshed.
• Performing yoga daily will increase your metabolism and hence will help in burning more fat deposits of body making you fitter and slimmer.
• Yoga will help to lower your resting heart rate and increase your overall endurance. This is one of the important benefits of yoga to help improve the amount of oxygen taken in during the daily exercises.
• If you have suffered from some kind of injury then yoga can help to gain strength especially in physical injury.
• Meditation in yoga makes you feel calm and relaxed. It helps in introspection and increases your ability to asses various problems that arises daily in personal and professional life.
• Yoga involves deep, mindful breathing which can help lung capacity to improve. This in turn can improve sports performance and endurance.
• Yoga can slow the aging process, increase a person's sense of self-acceptance, or improve energy levels. If you get tired by the end of the day then yoga is just the thing for you, it will help in increasing your body endurance and will keep you fresh and rejuvenated throughout the day.
• Yoga can help in curing chronic medical conditions, relieving symptoms of asthma, back pain, and arthritis, insomnia and multiple sclerosis.
Yoga has endless benefits but to gain more out of it you must perform yoga or at least take training first from a professional yoga instructor about the right postures and how to perform them. By doing this you won’t injure yourself while performing yoga.
The writer of this article is having a long term experience in the health, beauty and personal fitness, the writer is providing information about various Shashtanga Mudra
and writes so many articles on Surya Namaskar Mudra
, the writer is also answering the questions like Surya Namaskar Benefits