A dining room
is a room for eating, usually adjacent to the kitchen. A typical dining room will contain a dining table with four, six or eight rattan seats, or chairs upholstered in leather or fabric, arranged along the sides and ends of the table. Dining tables come in all shapes, round, oval, rectangular, fluted, trestle, single or double pedestal, with tabletops from wood, marble or glass. Dining room furniture come in different styles, from rustic, modern, country, traditional to contemporary. China cabinets
, hutches, barstools, curio cabinets, buffets, and sideboards are also important pieces of dining room furniture.
Now, let's take a look at a short list of dining room furniture terms you may not understand.
- Bar Stool - A narrow and high stool with a foot rest, designed for seating in a bar.
- Buffet - Sideboard used to offer dishes of meal to guests.
- Cabinet - A box-shaped piece of furniture typically made of wood, used for storage.
- Contemporary - This furniture style combines the latest trends in home fashions with furniture styles of the recent past.
- Country - A casual furniture style, often featuring nature and nostalgic motifs.
- Cupboard - A type of cabinet made of wood, used to store household objects.
- Curio - A glass display cabinet with a wood or metal framework.
- Hutch - A set of shelves or cabinets placed on top of a lower unit with a counter and drawers.
- Rattan - Species of palms native to tropical regions, used for making furniture.
- Rustic - This furniture style includes the southwestern and colonial mexican design, and the looks of the adirondacks and the northwest.
- Sideboard - A set of cabinets or cupboards and drawers used for serving food and displaying serving dishes.
- Traditional - This furniture style includes original antique pieces and quality reproductions of antiques.
If you need additional information about dining room furniture
, or shopping recommendations, check out Traditional Rustic Dining Room
Article Source: http://www.articles-hub.com