Diverse topography, mighty mountains, large coastline, exotic culture and charming villages and towns that is India in a nutshell. When it comes to natural beauty, this South Asian country is one of the wonderful places to enjoy it. From dense pine forests to wildlife reserves to lovely hill stations, India’s biodiversity is quite rich and appealing especially when it comes to beautiful water bodies. There are so many beautiful lakes in India which are not only famous for their striking beauty but are also considered as good spots for bird watching, boating and family outings. If you want to catch a glimpse of these striking water bodies then catch cheap flights to India
as early as possible. Travellers can also choose among several bargain flights to India
from multiple locations throughout the globe.
Though there are various beautiful lakes in India, some are natural ones and some are man-made but here is the list of some well-known water bodies that are considered as little gems of India’s treasure.Dal Lake
- Located in the capital city of Srinagar, the importance and beauty of Dal Lake did not need any reference to tell. This second largest lake in the Kashmir Valley is one of the most iconic symbols of India’s tourism.Loktak Lake
- Also known as the only "Floating Lake" in the world, Loktak Lake is the largest fresh water lake in the entire northeastern region of India. This unique water body of Manipur state is of significant importance because of its ecological status and biodiversity value.Pichola Lake
- Considered as one of the distinct features of Rajasthan, Lake Pichola is one of the most famous and beautiful artificial fresh water lake in Udaipur city. With Aravalli Mountain Range in backdrop, this amazing water body has famous Lake Palace heritage hotel in its middle.Gurudongmar Lake
- Situated at an altitude of 17,100 ft, Gurudongmar Lake is one of the iconic attractions of Sikkim in India. This picturesque fresh water lake is one of the highest lakes in the world and lies in close proximity with mighty Kangchenjunga range.Chilka Lake
- A paradise for migratory birds, Chilka Lake is the largest brackish water lake in Asia. The striking beauty and best site for birding in India give this Orissa state’s water body a top place in eco-tourism.Vemband Lake
- Covering several districts in Kerala state, Vemband is the longest and one of the most beautiful lakes in India. The lake supports a large variety of flora and fauna and is the heart of Kerala Backwaters. Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary is also nestled on its eastern coast.Bhimtal Lake
- Named on its home town’s name, Bhimtal Lake is one of the little gems of Uttarakhand region in India. This beautiful perennial lake not only supports a large species of aquatic world but is also a winter stopover for Trans Himalayan birds.Wular Lake
- Encircled by towering mountains, Wular is one of the largest fresh water lakes in Asia. This striking beauty of Jammu and Kashmir State offers eye-catching scenic views and tranquil atmosphere to fall in love with nature.
Get cheap flights to India
and enjoy a wonderful holiday trip in this amazing land of diversity. To counter the increasing number of travellers, now-a-days more and more airlines are offering bargain flights to India