The great thing about flyer printing and design is that tons of royalty free resources are out there to take advantage of. Since flyers can easily be designed, anyone can design them with just a computer and Internet connection.
If you are planning to print on your own, here are some royalty free design sources according to design elements that you can take advantage of. 1. Acquiring those free templates
- First, try to get those free templates. This is actually what you will need first since these templates should be very useful as you develop your own full color flyers. The good news is that plenty of royalty free flyer templates are out there to use. In fact, if you are using a typical word processor at home, you might already have some templates already that you can use. 2. Getting fonts free
– It is of course better to get new types of fonts for your flyer printing. As many people are already tired of the fonts they typically see in most printed documents, using new, fresh and creative font styles should be useful for your color flyers. Luckily, you can actually get these kinds of fonts free! All you have to do is to go to free font galleries online and you should be all set. 3. Royalty free images for commercial use
– If you need images, you can it from special sources online with royalty free images. You just need to know exactly where they are, and of course, you should know how to choose the ones that are of the right quality. My suggestion is to always get images that are either beyond 500 by 500 in dimensions online, or have a stated resolution of 300dpi or higher. 4. Free graphics and logo elements
– If you need extra graphics, clip-arts and other kinds of logo elements there are great resources out to check out. Besides those image galleries stated above, there are actual specific sites where you can get graphical elements easily without having to purchase license. 5. Open source editing software
- Finally, you will of course want an editing application before actual printing. If you currently do not have this kind of desktop publishing application, then you are in luck. Because below, you should see a good list of sites where you can acquire or download open sourced softer for editing. Just go through the list and see what looks best for you: Scribus.net, FreeSerifsSoftware.com, Inkscape.org, Avery.com, OpenOffice.org
Now it should be easier and a lot more cost effective for you to design your marketing material! Just go through the lists above and you will get great design resources all royalty free.
Kaye Z. Marks is an avid writer and follower of the developments in flyers
and flyer printing
that help businesses in their marketing and advertising campaigns.