What exactly are your design priorities for your brochures? Not all brochure templates get the important parts covered.
While you may think that such already have the important parts covered, in truth, those things are as clueless as ever when it comes to the real and effective design priorities for typical commercial brochures. To effectively communicate to readers, you will need to follow five of the key priorities that make up a powerful marketing tool. Let me teach you these key points one by one.
• To distract and flag readers – The first major design objective is to distract and flag readers. It must not just sit there and look pretty. It should be able to capture the attention of passers-by and turn them into readers. This means that the images and the message content must engage those people in a very powerful manner to make them interested enough to look and see. So make sure that you choose very interesting and powerful images and headlines.
• To be distinct and original from others
– Another major design objective that you should pay attention to in brochure printing is the objective to be distinct and original. While a highly noticeable color brochure can easily be achieved, if there are others almost similar surround it, then all those great designs mean nothing. Such will need that big and original difference from other prints for it to really do well with its goals. So make sure you do your homework, look at the other prints in the market and then design or adjust accordingly so that it looks different, distinct and of course original.
• To innovate in terms of designs
– It is also a primary goal for any designer to create designs that really push the limits of what most people think is standard. All your outputs will get boring very fast if you do not change them and add innovative design features. Dynamism and adaptability is the name of the game when it comes to printing and having innovative designs should help you make prints that can look fresh, useful and new to readers, delivering its marketing messages powerfully.
• To last for the longest time possible
– For many brochure printers, another major objective of design is for those designs and prints to last as long as possible. This translates into choosing the right kind of materials that increases lifespan. A good heavy and thick paper material of course is typically the first thing added to the brochure printing process, plus maybe some additional coatings that makes them more resistant to water and dirt. All this protection prevents the copy from deteriorating quickly, increasing the lifespan and promotional exposure for better results.
• To be effective at managing the budget
– Finally, the design should also always be effective at managing the budget. A printing company might have all the features you need, but if it is very expensive to print and design, then those things can be impractical. So make sure that you choose your options well. Try to gain a balance of good quality designs and decent materials to get the most optimized and powerful brochures that you can make without spending a lot.
Great! Now you know the important priorities that a design must try to match if it wants to become a professional brochure print. Make sure that you focus on these objectives to make all your efforts well worth their while for success.
Kaye Z. Marks is an avid writer and follower of the developments in brochures
and brochure printing
that help businesses in their marketing and advertising campaigns.
Article By: Kaye Z. Marks