Do you want a sure fire way to check if your postcard printing investments will be going somewhere in terms of marketing? Well, here is what you can do.
Below, you will find a list of questions and an explanation for each. Ask yourself these five questions to help you quickly check if your custom postcards have the right kind of design and printing features. Just go through all the questions with your color postcards and you will soon know if your prints are indeed good enough to work properly for your goals.
1. Are the pictures in it interesting enough? – The picture is always the first stop for analysis. Try to ask yourself if the pictures or images in it are interesting enough to merit attention. More specifically, you should determine if these merit the undivided attention of your specific target markets. Does your target market really like natural views or vistas? Alternatively, do they like beautiful models instead? The more interesting they are to your specific readers the more they will work for marketing.
2. Is it worth keeping?
– Next, try to analyse if your prints are worth keeping. Do they have the quality materials and the high-resolution photographs that merit people to keep it? Does it look “expensive” enough as a printed material to keep for further use? This is a key factor in an effective marketing tool, so you had better see if your own prints are up to it. Otherwise, you will want to work on the postcard materials and design so that your print may look to be worth keeping in the future.
3. Did you place the correct call to action?
– Ask yourself also if you placed the right call to action element. Did you put in the best and easiest instructions to respond to your marketing message? Can people easily notice and read that call to action? Can they follow it even with limited knowledge of the subject? Make sure that you really have the right encouragements communicated to your readers for a more successful and effective marketing tool.
4. Do you have a good and targeted mailing list?
– Mailing list is also important for correct marketing campaign. Get a bad or too general mailing list and even the best will not have a chance at success. So check and see if your mailing list will indeed send those prints to the right people. Does the list have the right demographics and locations you are looking for? Is it logistically possible to mail to them? The more appropriate and targeted the list is, the more effective your marketing should be.
5. Do you have other distribution strategies?
– Lastly, you should ask yourself if you have other distribution strategies. Mailing or placing them in mailboxes is not the only choice in marketing. These can be placed in racks, press kits or even attached to product packaging and other distributable materials. Your marketing will succeed better if you have a more varied and adaptable distribution campaign that tries to get as much responsive readers as possible.
Now go ahead now and check if your own marketing campaign has these. If not, then you should try to improve your campaign in postcard printing.
Kaye Z. Marks is an avid writer and follower of the developments in postcards
and postcard printing
that help businesses in their marketing and advertising campaigns.