Do you find yourself paying for costly postcard printing services? Is your postcard template and design looking too gaudy and expensive for its own good?
Well let me teach you some seven practical tips. These tips should help you minimize the costs of printing, while at the same time making them effective at all the different purposes that you might have for these prints. So listen up and pay attention to these seven practical tips.
1. Shop for the best printer – Do not go for the first postcard printer that you see on the yellow pages or perhaps the Internet. Always shop around first to see what your options are. The first is not typically the best, and you will be surprised to discover that there are many cheaper and better options out there if you just shop around a bit. Go for a thorough search online and even call up the ones you see on the yellow pages. Ask for price quotations on a typical printing order and see who the best printer for you is.
2. Do your own designs
– The most practical thing to make sure that your color postcard designs appear the way you want them to be is of course to do your own designs. Even if you are an amateur, it is still best to compose your own layout since you know the essential elements that you want emphasized. Believe me, typically, everyone has a better time by doing his or her own printing designs. With all the different powerful tools out there for design, it should be easy for you.
3. Use free design resources whenever possible
– If there is something that is free, and works as well as the paid ones, it is only practical for you to get it. On designing, you should always try to use those free design resources whenever possible. Exploit tons of free resources on the internet. Free image galleries, font databases, free templates as well as other types of minor design stations abound on the internet. You just need to pick the best one that fits your theme and you are good to go at no real extra cost.
4. Use the most acceptable template for all the areas you are sending to
– While you may like that large style template, it is important for you to use the most acceptable template that can apply to all the areas you will be sending to. Some postal services around the world might not be as keen to sending an odd large type, or they might not have the best equipment to deliver those prints. Such would result to outputs with slight damages, and some not sent at all. So make sure that you choose the most acceptable templates with the right size that all postal services can deal with.
5. Always make it colored
– Full color printing is the norm now these days, and it is only practical to follow this norm. Make sure that you are printing in full color. If not, you will suffer from real setbacks as people do not care much anymore for cheap black and white prints.
6. Ask always if there are more printing options
– When you deal with your printer, always try to ask if there are more printing options than what is available. You never really know if there are extra options that can improve or perhaps make the printing process cheaper. Having more is better so that you can customize your prints. Always try to ask just in case it is possible.
7. Pick the most practical materials
– When it comes to choosing materials, always try to use the most practical options. Thick paper materials are best of course to increase durability. Some coatings may also be good to make the output water resistant. Glitter inks might not be as practical unless you really need it for your theme. Just choose the most basic that your color postcards need to do their job.
Try to use those practical tips for printing. Believe me. You will be better off using these tricks.
Kaye Z. Marks is an avid writer and follower of the developments in postcard template
and postcard printing
that help businesses in their marketing and advertising campaigns.
Article By: Kaye Z. Marks